One of the most competitive all-wheel drive (AWD) cars in Forza Horizon 5, the 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC, still remains significantly faster and has more grip compared to competing cars of its era.
With a larger set of brakes and wheels for better handling and increased performance, the Nissan GT-R V-SPEC was made for endurance, tackling all kinds of challenges from weather changes to rugged terrains.
Here’s the best tuning setup for the Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC with all the performance upgrades as well as car stats before and after tuning.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC pre-tune stats
Before we begin outlining what performance upgrades to install, here’s a quick overview of the pre-tune stats for the Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC:
- Speed: 6.1
- Handling: 5.7
- Acceleration: 4.8
- Launch: 2.5
- Braking: 3.7
- Offroad: 5.4
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC tuning setup
To begin tuning the Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC, we’ll be installing mainly Street and Race performance upgrades from each of the below categories. Players can access all the performance upgrades when visiting the Garage by heading to the Custom Upgrades sub-menu in the Upgrades and Tuning tab.
- Fuel System: Race Fuel System
- Ignition: Race Ignition
- Valves: Race Valves
- Displacement: Race Engine Block
- Single Turbo: Race Turbo
Platform and Handling
- Brakes: Race Brakes
- Springs and Dampers: Race Springs and Dampers
- Front Antiroll Bars: Race Front Antiroll Bars
- Rear Antiroll Bars: Race Rear Antiroll Bars
- Chassis Reinforcement / Roll Cage: Street Chassis Reinforcement / Roll Cage
- Weight Reduction: Race Weight Reduction
- Clutch: Race Clutch
- Transmission: Race Transmission
- Driveline: Race Driveline
- Differential: Race Differential
Tires and Rims
- Tire Compound: Semi-Slick Race Tire Compound
- Front Tire Width: 285 mm Front Tires
- Rear Tire Width: 285 mm Rear Tires
- Front Rim Size: 19 in Front Rims
- Rear Rim Size: 19 in Rear Rims
- Front Track Width: Upgraded Front Track Width (third kit)
- Rear Track Width: Upgraded Rear Track Width (third kit)
Aero and Appearance
- Front Bumper: Top Secret - Street Front Bumper
- Rear Wing: Jun - Street Rear Wing
- Rear Bumper: Top Secret - Street Rear Bumper
- Side Skirts: Top Secret - Street Side Skirts
- Bonnet: Top Secret - Street Bonnet
- Engine Swap: Racing 3.0L I6T
- Drivetrain Swap: Stock Drivetrain
For the full walkthrough of the 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC tuning setup, check out the YouTube video from Fuzion Gaming.
After installing the necessary performance upgrades, the car stats for the Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC will look as such:
- Speed: 8.1
- Handling: 6.7
- Acceleration: 9.5
- Launch: 10.0
- Braking: 7.3
- Offroad: 3.6
And there you have the complete tuning setup for the 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC. While the handling may not be great at first, this tuning setup is built for drag racing as well as tackling the Drift Zones.
- Read more: Forza Horizon 5: The best cars in each class
Don’t forget to check out our dedicated Forza section for the latest news, updates, esports coverage, guides, leaks and more.
Featured image courtesy of Playground Games / Xbox Game Studios and YouTube / Fuzion Gaming.