Forza Horizon 5 has plenty of content to sink your teeth in, and sometimes the grind can be quite strenuous, which is why players came up with the Willys Jeep exploit -- sadly, it's no longer available after a hotfix by Playground Games.
In a 17th November update, the developers rolled out a new hotfix that tackled stability issues, bug fixes, and of course, some cheeky exploits players used to gain plenty of Super Wheelspins.
For those unaware, the "Willys Jeep bug" involved players buying the relatively cheap 1945 Willys MB Jeep offroad vehicle, grinding a minimum of five skill points to earn a Super Wheelspin. An extra step involved players gifting it via the barn system once they unlocked the Wheelspin so more people could get access to it without spending 40k credits, but that only applied to truly kind souls.
Forza Horizon 5 17th November hotfix
As we've mentioned, the Jeep exploit as well as similar ones are now gone from the game. It's not all bad though as the hotfix also addresses a problem that saw VIP players miss out on Super Wheelspins.
Take a look at the full patch notes down below.
- Fixed several crashes
- Fixed a potential crash that could happen if an emote was earned whilst offline
- Fixed a potential crash that can happen when starting a Horizon Arcade
- Fixed a potential crash that occurred when spawning traffic cars
- Fixed a crash when loading EventLab events
- Fixed a crash when upgrading cars
- Improved stability of Horizon Life connections
- Improvements to online traffic
- Fixed issue where player’s car would get stopped when losing connection to Horizon Life
- Disabled Convoy voice chat to help track down the long load times in Online events
- Improvements to Horizon Arcade for other player visibility and joining and leaving Arcade events
- Fixed Eliminator Head to Heads not ending when players reached the finish point
- Fixed a disconnect pop up that was preventing Wheels from functioning correctly on PC
- Updated the Car Masteries for various cars to address an exploit
- Removed an exploit that could be achieved when creating Challenge Cards
- Removed an exploit when creating specific route configurations in EventLab
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to purchase cars from the Car Collection screen which weren’t available in the Autoshow
- Added checks to stop an exploit with driving assists
- Stopped players being able to download tunes before a race starts
- Fixed VIP Player House not being free for some VIPs
- Fixed VIP House not giving player correct Forzathon Point multiplier
- Fixed issue where some VIP players weren’t receiving Super Wheelspins
- Fixed players not receiving the loyalty reward for playing Forza Motorsport 5
- Fixed an issue with Car Collection where it was possible that a player could lose pending rewards if they quit the game
- Rebalanced UGC payouts
- Fixed Resolution Scaling causing GTAO depth issues on PC
- Fixed issue where distant terrain could appear as low res on PC Ultra settings
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for the player to fall out of world after completing the Trial
- Fixed an issue where input stops working on the Press Start screen
- Cross Country Event difficulty has been tuned slightly easier on Drivatar Difficulty levels below Unbeatable to smooth off some difficulty spikes
- Fixed EventLab notifications persisting in Freeroam
- Fixed some Accolades missing icons on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Fixed profanity filter not applying correctly on Super7
Make sure to give a look at our dedicated section as we will bring you everything you need to know about every Forza news, tips and more.
Feature image courtesy of Playground Games.