It will be the first new game in the Rainbow Six franchise since the release of Rainbow Six Siege back in November 2015. Unlike its esports-focused predecessor, Rainbow Six Extraction offers a co-op PvE experience for up to three players, where gamers will take the roles of legendary R6 Siege operators in efforts to stop the alien invasion and contain the deadly Chimera parasite and its monsters known as the Archæans.
If you and your friends have preordered the game and are excited to start playing it as soon as available, the best thing you can do is to pre-load the game.
Here's everything you need to know about Rainbow Six Extraction preloading.
When can you pre-load Rainbow Six Extraction?
Ubisoft has now officially revealed pre-load times and other important details about preloading.
Rainbow Six Extraction is available for preload starting Monday, 17th January, on all platforms - Ubisoft Connect, Epic Games Store, Xbox One Series X|S, Xbox One, PS4, and PS5.
The game is also available for preloading if you are subscribed to Xbox Game Pass. Of course, there's no preloading for cloud-based platforms - Google Stadia and Amazon Luna - you will be able to play the game immediately upon launch.
Rainbow Six Extraction download file size
Rainbow Six Extraction is quite a hefty game, at least on PC, where it requires allocating a lot of space for its installation.
Here's how much space you need in order to install Rainbow Six Extraction:
- PC: 85 GB (+96 GB HD Textures)
- PS4: N/A
- PS5: N/A
- Xbox One: N/A
- Xbox Series S: N/A
- Xbox Series X: 46.63 GB
How to pre-load on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One?
- From the Xbox home screen, open "My games and apps"
- Select "Games"
- Find Rainbow Six Extraction and select it
- Press "A" to open the installation menu
- Select "Manage installation on Internal"
- If the game is available for download you will be able to checkmark "will install"
- Select "Save changes" and you will be able to see your game downloading
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process
How to preload on PS4/PS5
When the preload becomes available, if you preordered the game, it will appear in your collection of PlayStation games.
- From the PlayStation home screen, open your library.
- Select "Purchased" games.
- Find Rainbow Six Extraction and select it.
- If the game is available for preload, the "Download" button will be available just below the icon of the game.
- Just push the Download button and that's it, your PlayStation will start downloading Rainbow Six Extraction.
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process.
And that's all you need to know about Rainbow Six Extraction pre-loading.
Featured image courtesy of Ubisoft.