Let's not beat around the bush and tell you everything you need to know about the forthcoming Valorant v4.0 patch notes.
Valorant v4.0 patch notes
Let's start with the most important changes, of course...
Firstly, the melee attack has been significantly changed, and can now be considered another tool in players’ arsenals rather than a weapon only used for trolling opponents. The right-clicks hitbox is now 1.5x larger and the left-clicks hitbox is even bigger. Both melee strikes will target the enemy nearest to the centre of the screen so precise kills will still be possible. The left-click has also received an increased range.
The Spectre, Bulldog, Ares, and Guardian will also be receiving some adjustments.
- Firing error occurs at earlier bullet stages
- Increased pitch and yaw (vertical and horizontal) recoil multipliers when running/jumping/on ascender from 1.25 >>> 1.5
- Protected bullet count from yaw (horizontal) switching while spraying, decreased 8 >>> 5 bullets
- Lowering time to switch yaw from .24 >>> .18 seconds
- Hip fire rate increased 9.5 >>> 10
- Recovery on burst fire improved from .4 >>> .35
- Inaccuracy is accrued any time the weapon is re-fired prior to a complete duration of a weapon’s respective Gun Recovery Time. Lower recovery time should improve burst fire efficiency.
- Removed spin up
- Firing rate increased from 10 >>> 13
- Removed firing rate penalty on ADS (Aiming Down Sight)
- Added an extra bullet before it enters a recovery curve
Bind will be receiving a small but impactful update to the A-side of the map. The tall box in short-A that’s top was previously only accessible by Raze, Sage, Jett, Chamber, and Omen has been replaced by a shorter and longer box that all agents can climb.
Breeze has also received a few changes, the width of A-main’s entrance has been increased and a tall box has been added to give attackers more cover.
The back of A-site has been given a large yellow crate to replace the old smaller boxes and the pool has been extended to reach the wall. Additionally, the door to A-halls can only be activated once it finishes opening or closing.
Lastly, B-site has added a new tall box to the half-wall near defender spawn, and the broken wall at the back of the site has been extended.
Starting in patch 4.0, accounts must reach level 20 in order to enter the competitive queue (previously, players only had to play in 10 unrated games to gain access.) Accounts that are under level 20 but have previously played ranked will not be affected by these changes.
Last but certainly not least, patch 4.0 will feature the release of Valorant’s 18th agent, Neon. Here are her abilities:
Neon fires two energy lines forward that extend a short distance or until they hit a surface. These lines then rise into walls of electricity that block vision and damage enemies who pass through them.
Neon throws an energy bolt that bounces once. Upon hitting each surface (the ground and/or a wall) the bolt electrifies the ground and concussed any enemies caught in it.
Neon channels her powers to increase her speed, when fully charged she can use Alt Fire to trigger an electric slide. The slide resets after two kills.
Neon unleashes her full power and speed. By using the Primary Fire button she channels the power into a lightning beam with high movement accuracy. Both the duration and slide ability reset on each kill.
Don't forget to check outour dedicated Valorant section for the latest news, guides, updates, esports coverage, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games for Valorant