As many players are yelling "Boy!" from the snow-capped peaks in Alfheim, few have reported an "Out of Memory" error preventing them from beginning their journey across Midgard. Developer Santa Monica Studios have released a workaround solution for the error, for which we have detailed how to resolve this error promptly.
How to solve the "Out of Memory" error
The developers addressed the discovered error in a Steam post on 16th January 2022 that some players recently encountered. The "Out of Memory" error has affected those with 12th Gen Intel CPUs with integrated graphics; however, it detailed that some had disabled their graphics card to help mitigate the problem.
This workaround can be applied to those who have purchased the game via Epic Games Store. To disable the graphics card, here's how you can disable it on Windows PCs:
- Right-click on the Start icon and select Run.
- In the pop-up box, type devmgmt.msc click OK to bring up Device manager
- Look for Display Adapters which you will need to click on the arrow to expand
- The graphics card should appear beneath this option which you will need to right-click on the graphics card and select "Disable Device"
As such, there are still many players that have been unable to find a workable solution; the developer has released a hotfix available on Steam for download. Players will need to log into their Steam account to access the hotfix we have detailed.
- Locate the "Experimental Branch" hotfix by following these steps below:
- Navigate to your Steam Library and select "Home" to find the game in your collection
- On the game, right-click to bring up a sub-menu and select "Properties" and the "BETAS"
- In the drop-down menu, choose the "experimental" option to download the hotfix
If players cannot view the "experimental" option, restart the Steam client before following the steps mentioned above again. They can revert to the default option, which can be followed using the steps provided below:
- Head to your Steam Library and select "Home" to find the game in your collection
- Right-click on the game to bring up a sub-menu and select "Properties" and the "BETAS"
- In the drop-down menu, choose the "default" option
If you're still experiencing problems with the error or wish to be informed on any updates and developments, share your feedback with the development team by commenting on the hotfix discussion page here.
Featured image courtesy of Santa Monica Studio.